If you are seeking quick and easy recipes online, you should go for copycat recipes. They are tasted and prepared by experienced chefs. You can try them very easily and fast without any mess risk.
We have found some common copycat recipes that beat a great deal. We are talking about oregano’s copycat recipes. They are perfect for those who want to come into their kitchen to try some spicy for the first time.
Yes, you can go out those recipes without any cooking skill or experience, without spending a lot of time. So, don’t hesitate more; get your copycat recipe today, and recreate the dish that you may desire to order from any restaurant.
Let’s start with some basics!
What Are Copycat Recipes?
These are top-secret recipes that come from restaurants or are improved by the home cook, and their taste is similar. Even some recipes you can get in the grocery store are homemade versions. With those recipes, you can make your favorite restaurant dishes in your own kitchen.
What Is Oregano?
Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) is a familiar herb that is widely used herbs in worldwide. Most people pick many dishes like pizza or pasta sauce. It is found in Mexican and Mediterranean cuisine, the chili powder component.
The dries form is very common, and fresh oregano is used in a few dishes. You can get them all year round in both forms. It is safe and common food ingredient with little proof of health advanatges. It is also gluten-free and ideal for vegan diets as an herb item.
Why Does Oregano Use For?
Oregano comes in green leaf and purple flowers. It is associated to other herbs adding mint, marjoram, and parsley. Oregano includes chemicals that can decrease cough. Oregano helps for digestion and fight against bacteria and viruses.
People use oregano as the herb medicine for wound healing, parasite infections, and so many conditions. But there is no strong methodical mark to support those uses.
What Does It Taste Like?
The aroma of the original oregano has a camphor note. And the taste is spicy and defined as earthy and green with hay or mint. It isn’t very pleasant but not very strong.
Recipes With Oregano
Oregano can be added to more than pizza and pasta sauce. These excellent green herbs can be added to delicious food, including soup, chicken, seafood, and even beans. You can also try it in homemade pesto for a little bit as a topping for pasta.
Let’s see a chicken copycat recipe with oregano and know their nutrition value!
Recipe-1: Oregano’s Copycat Chicken
- Chipotle Chile Pepper: 1-ounce (Dried)
- Ancho Chile Pepper: 1-ounce (Dried)
- Water: 1/2-cup
- Red onion: 1 cup
- Garlic: 4-gloves
- Sea Salt: 2-teaspoon
- Cumin: 1-teaspoon
- Oregano: 1-teaspoon (Dried)
- Black pepper: 1-teaspoon
- Olive oil: 2-teaspoon
- Boneless chicken thighs: 2 ½ pounds
- Place both types of pepper in a bowl and pour the water. Cover the bowl and leave it for 10-15 hours until the pepper turns to soften. Then drain the water and get out the seeds from the peppers.
- Blend the peppers, onions, garlic, salt, cumin, peppers, and oregano in a blender and make a smooth paste. Add some olive oil to the blended paste.
- Take the tight chicken flat with the meat mallet and trim extra skin. Now place the chicken in a plastic bag and mix the paste. Turn the chicken several times to coat. Then seal the bag and keep it to marinate for 10 hours.
- Preheat the grill with top to bottom plates for medium-high heat. They get out the chicken from the bag and remove it from the dressing.
- Finally, cook the chicken on the preheated grill until it turns pink in the center and the juice moves clear for 5-10 minutes. You can feel the taste and smell when the chicken is cooked properly.
- Calories: 293g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fat: 18.7g
- Cholesterol: 88.3g
- Sodium: 528.1mg
Recipe-2: Copycat Lemon Orzo Soup
- Chicken broth: 8-cups
- Boneless chicken breast: 2 (Cooked)
- Fresh Spinach: 10-ounce (Chopped)
- Carrots; 6 (Baby)
- Celery: 2-stalks (Chopped)
- Orzo Pasta: 1-cup (Uncooked)
- Fresh Basil: 2-tablespoon (Chopped)
- Oregano: ½-teaspoon
- Black Pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: ¼ cup
- Mix the chicken broth, breasts, and carrots. Orzo pasta, basil, pepper, and oregano in a large pot over medium heat. Use the best global chef knife to chop the vegetables, which will deliver you the perfect shape.
- Cook and stir frequently until the vegetables and pasta are tender for 30-minutes.
- Add a small amount of lemon juice and stir it very well. Now taste after adding all ingredients and adjust the flavor.
- Calories: 290g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 511mg
Recipe-3: Oregano’s Copycat Pasta Fagioli
- Chopped onion (1-cup)
- Pancetta or bacon: 3-ounce (Chopped)
- Garlic: 3-gloves (Thinly Sliced)
- Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Red wine: ¾ cup
- Beans 2-cans (15-19 ounce)
- Chicken broth: 14.5 ounce
- Crushed tomatoes: 28-ounce
- Salt: 1-teaspoon
- Red pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Pasta: 1 ½ cup
- Fresh basil: ¼ cup snipped
- Oregano: 1-tablespoon
- Take a 4-quarter Dutch Oven and put oil into it. Then cook onion, pancetta, and garlic over medium heat for 5-minutes. Cook them until the onion turns soft.
- Now add red wine and stir to scrape up the crusty brown bits.
- Stir the beans, broth, tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer and cover it for 20-minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the package directions. Stir and cook pasta, basil, and then snipped oregano into beans. Now garnish and serve with cheese and oregano leaves.
- Calories: 415g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 68g
- Protein: 19g
1. What Foods Go With Oregano?
Pure Oregano is the best delicious addition to any tomato, chicken, eggs, soup, pasta, fish, pork, and cooked vegetables. You should consider it the go-to herb for which are real Mediterranean flavor.
2. How Do You Cook With Fresh Oregano?
Oregano can be applied to pizza or pasta sauce. The beautiful green color herb mixes a wonderful and very tasty flavor to several dishes, including seafood, beans, chickens, and hamburger. You can also try it in your next homemade pesto as a topping for pasta and fish dishes.
3. Which Oregano is Best For Cooking?
The Mediterranean oregano is the best for eating and cooking. It has a strong woody flavor that can change the taste and smell of the foods without changing the natural flavors. This type of oregano is essential for Italian and Greek cuisine. But it can be allowed to apply in several dishes.
Hopefully, we have learned something beautiful successfully, and now you can execute the oregano’s copycat recipes in the kitchen. You can use the oregano with chicken or make soup or pasta. I think you have enjoyed the above copycat dishes that will offer you restaurant flavor and taste quickly within a very short time.