Potassium has many health benefits, like lowering the risk of chronic disease. But the Kidney patients always search for low-potassium foods to add to their daily renal diet plane chart. Low potassium is available in many foods.
Today, we are discussing only low potassium chicken recipes for chicken lovers with healthcare professional experts. From basic information to the most delicious chicken recipes you will get in this blog post.
Move on and start with some basic ideas!
What Are Low-Potassium Chicken Recipes?
Generally, recipes which include less potassium are known as “Low-potassium recipes.” A low potassium diet is about 2,000 mg per day. Low potassium foods are good for kidney problems and maintain a renal diet because it lacks salt and phosphorus. Low-potassium chicken recipes lower the risk of salt sensitivity and high blood pressure.
The USA Department of Agriculture’s Nutrient Database reported that a 3-ounce cooked, skinless, and boneless chicken breast contains 220 milligrams of potassium. This range of Potassium is about 4.6% of the vital daily potassium intake for healthy aged men and women consuming a 2000 and 3000 calories diet.
According to the U. S Food and Drug Administration, Skinless chicken can’t be considered a great source of potassium as it doesn’t offer at least 10% of the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) of the mineral per serving.
Chart Of Potassium In Chicken
Below has a chart of different types of chicken and different parts with their potassium content per 100-milligram per serving.
|Chicken Meat||Potassium in 100g Serving|
|Chicken breast (Skinless)||256 Milligram|
|Chicken thigh (Skinless)||277 Milligram|
|Chicken drumstick (Skinless)||239 Milligram|
|Chicken wing||206 Milligram|
|Ground Chicken||292 Milligram|
|Turkey Breast (Skinless)||249 Milligram|
|Ground Turkey||304 Milligram|
What Part Of The Chicken Contain Low-potassium?
There are not much more low potassium meat portions in chicken or turkey. The lowest in the above chart is chicken wings, which is 206 mg per 100 g serving or about 3.5 ounces. This 100g serving is 3-4 wings. Then the next chicken part is chicken drumstick that has 239 mg of potassium in 100g per serving. But as discussed, it isn’t considered a low-potassium food.
But chicken and turkey are lower in potassium than other meats like lamb, beef or pork.
Low Potassium Chicken Recipes
We hope you have low potassium in chicken; now it’s a good time to cook chicken. There are a lot of low-potassium chicken recipes from which you can choose your favourite one very easily. If you love copycat low-potassium recipes, you can also see oregano’s copycat recipes.
Below we will show you some nutritional and healthy that you can add to your daily diet plan chart without any risk.
Let’s see what we are cooking!
1. Chicken Quesadillas
- Backing Sheet
- Skinless chicken breast: 1 pound (1.27 ounce)
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Chopped green bell pepper: 2
- Chopped red bell pepper: 2
- Chopped onion:1 medium
- 10 flour tortillas: 10-inch
- Shredded cheddar cheese: 1 pack (8-ounce)
- Bacon bits: 1 tablespoon
- Monterey Jack cheese 1 pack: 8-ounce shredded
- Preheat the broiler and grease the backing sheet
- Toss the skinless chicken with seasoning and spread them onto the greased backing sheet. Then place the chicken under the broiler and then cook until each piece until they turn pink. It may take 5-minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F
- Now heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Stir the green and red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir the vegetable for about 10-minutes until the vegetable turns into a soft texture.
- Coat half of each tortilla and the chicken with the cooked vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle the layers with cheeses and bits. Fold the tortillas in half and place them onto the backing sheet.
- Finally, put the back quesadillas in your preheated oven and wait for 10-minutes to melt the cheeses. That’s ready for your low-potassium chicken quesadillas.
2. Chicken and Dumplings
- Unsalted butter: 5 tablespoons
- Yellow Onion: 1 small Minced
- 1 Stalk celery
- Medium 2 carrots
- All-purpose flour: 1 ¼ cup
- Chicken broth: 3 cups
- Cooked chicken: 1 ½ cup diced
- Frozen green beans: 1/3 pound
- Single bay leaf
- Parsley: 1 tablespoon
- Celery seed: ¼ teaspoon
- Rosemary: ½ teaspoon
- Thyme: ½ teaspoon
- Sriracha sauce: 3 drops
- Pepper to taste
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Parsley for topping: 2 tablespoon
- Almond milk: ½ cup (unsweetened)
- Take a large saucepan and melt the butter on medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onions, celery, and carrots, and cook them for 5-minutes.
- Then add flour and stir it for a few minutes stirring.
- Now add broth and constantly stir, then bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-minutes
- Stir the chicken, green beans, and apices, and season with pepper and salt.
Step:2- Make Dumpling
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and parsley
- Cut the butter
- Stir it in almond milk
- Drop heaping spoon full of butter on top of the chicken mixture
- Cover and simmer and wait to cook the dumpling for 12-minutes
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
3. Chicken Apple Salad
- Cooked Chicken: 2 cups
- Apple: 1 cup
- Celery: ½ cup
- Scallion: 2 tablespoon
- Dark raisins: ¼ cup
- Mayonnaise: 1/3 cup (Low-fat)
- Sour cream: 1 tablespoon (Low-fat)
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Cube chicken, dice apple chop scallion, dice celery
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl
- Whisk together mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, cinnamon, and pepper
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and apple and toss them
- Refrigerate the mixture to chill before serving
4. Moroccan Chicken
- Raw honey: 1/3 cup
- Sesame oil: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoon
- Lemon zest: 3 cloves
- Garlic: 3 cloves (Crushed)
- Ground Cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Paprika: 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg: ¼ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Skinless chicken: 6
- Take a large bowl and mix the first 12 ingredients, and then add chicken to marinate
- Refrigerate the chicken for 24 hours
- Line the baking sheet with foil
- Arrange the marinated chicken on foil
- Now bake the sheet at 400˚F for 40-45 minutes until cook the chicken properly
5. Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Breasts: 12 ounce
- Mexican cheese: 6 tablespoons (grated)
- Onion powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon (Ground)
- Yellow onion: ½ cup (sliced)
- Bell pepper: 1
- Corn Tortillas: 6 small
- Cook the chicken breast, keep for rest and cut
- Cook the onion and bell pepper in a saucepan until browned
- Toss the chicken and all vegetables with all powder
- Add the cut chicken and cooked vegetables to the tortilla
- Top with the cheese. Well, enjoy your low-potassium chicken!
6. Easy Grilled Sesame Chicken
- Bone chicken breast: 4 oz
- Sesame seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger: 2 teaspoons (grated)
- Raw honey: 2 tablespoon
- Low sodium soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Sherry: 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable spray for cooking
- Add the first 5-ingredients to a small bowl and set aside
- Flatten chicken pieces using a mallet
- Spray the grill with the cooking spray
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 5-minutes on each side with soy sauce mixture
- Finally, transfer the chicken onto your serving platter.
Source of: Grilled Sesame Chicken
7. Lemon Chicken
- Chicken breast: 12 ounce
- Cooked rice
- Seasoned salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Lemon juice and water
- Chicken bouillon granules
- Garlic cloves (Minced)
- Fresh herb or parsley (Chopped)
- Dry the chicken using a paper towel
- Rub the dry chicken and mixture of oregano, salt, and black pepper
- Place the chicken in five quarts’ slow heat after making it brown in butter in a saucepan
- Stir often to release the browned parts, and combine water, lemon juice, and garlic with bouillon
- Now add your chicken and bring it to boil
- Cook it for 5 hours in low heat and ensure the lid is on. Add herb and parsley
- Take half an hour to cover and then cook until the juice clears; ensure you serve this dish with cooked rice
- Before serving this chicken dish to kidney patients or who are searching for low-potassium chicken recipes, you can make thicken the juice of this dish.
#1. Is boiled chicken low in potassium?
According to the US Department of Agriculture’s Nutrients Database, a 3-ounce cooked or boiled boneless and skinless chicken contains 220 mg of potassium.
#2. Is Chicken Good For Low Potassium?
One chicken drumstick contains 130-165 mg of potassium. The ½-chicken breast contains 220mg, and the 3-ounce turkey range is 244 to 256 mg. these choices are very slight for a low-potassium diet but could be a portion of the meal if other food selects have very low potassium.
#3. Is Grilled Chicken Low In Potassium?
Yes, grilled chicken contains low potassium. We have shared a grilled chicken recipe that is low in potassium with other nutrition.
When you think of cooking low-potassium chicken recipes, we hope you have enjoyed our recipes and can now have low-potassium chicken very easily.
If you have to maintain restrictions for potassium in your diet plan, the above recipes can be incredibly useful to save your kidney by decreasing potassium.
Though only chicken and turkey can’t be considered the great source of low potassium, they contain lower potassium than other seafood or kinds of beef. For this reason, you can enjoy your favourite chicken in your diet plan chart with precise low potassium chicken recipes.
Enjoy your meal time with chicken, whatever you have kidney disease!