Barefoot Contessa star Ina Rosenberg Garten is the world’s most well-known American cookery book author and celebrity chef. Garten’s roast chicken is the most famous recipe globally. And thousand salad lovers want to consume perfect Ina Garten curry chicken salad for dinner.
Ina Garten’s ‘curry chicken salad’ is a wonderful, delicious, and healthy dish forever. Roasted chicken, creamy curry sauce, and a little bit of crunchiness make this salad different from others.
In a hurry? Okay, let’s see this recipe and know how to serve it, how to store and what can serve with this salad. And finally, we must try to know its nutritional value and whether it is healthy or not.
Let’s move from some basic!
Ina Garten Curry Chicken Salad
Ina Rosenberg Garten‘s ‘curry chicken salad’ combines roasted chicken breast with some mixtures like raisin, curry powder, cashew, curry sauce, and more.
This curry sauce makes by mixing mayonnaise and vinegar or wine, grey chutney, salt, with black pepper. Blend all the ingredients in your food processor to make the sauce simply. Then stir this smooth paste with the chicken. Next, stir raisin, parsley, and celery with other ingredients into ‘curry chicken salad’ and then serve it.
It is the perfect salad for lunch, dinner, summer parties or any light supper in sandwiches. The perfect blend of sweet and savoury makes it some special than other salads. A few special ingredients also can make this recipe’s taste buds happy.
Preparing this salad is really super easy; just gather all ingredients and mix them with cooked chicken. It is also versatile and allows you to eat in your own way with the bread of sandwiches or other dishes. I love to follow this original salad recipe’s exact ingredients, making it more unique and tasty.
Is Curry Chicken Salad Healthy?
According to a study and research by Healthline, curry chicken salad contains anti-inflammatory complexes. It can perform better to diminish oxidative strain, increase heart fitness, and even develop blood sugar level with other potential advantages.
Curry powder is a wonderful adding to a large range of recipes, making it more appealing and perfect for adding to other recipes. But pregnant women should consult with a doctor before taking any new dishes. The pregnant woman should know, “can you eat chicken salad while pregnant or not?”
Ina Garten Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
Curry chicken salad recipe courtesy of Ina Rosenberg Garten.
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 6
- Level: Easy
For Roasted Chicken
- Chicken breast: 3-full (Bone on & Skin on)
- Kosher salt as taste
- Ground pepper as taste
For Curry & Serving
- Olive oil as taste
- Mayonnaise: 1 ½ cup
- Vinegar/wine: 1/3 cup
- Chutney: ¼ cup
- Curry powder: 3 tablespoon
- Celery: 1-cup (diced)
- Scallion: ¼-cup (sliced)
- Raisin: ¼-cup
- Cashew: 1-cup (Roasted)
Step:1 (Roasted Chicken)
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ F
- Take a bulky bowl and put the chicken breast. Then rub the olive oil on the skin of the chicken.
- Season the chicken breast with kosher salt and ground pepper
- Set the chicken into the oven, then roast it until makes it golden brown. It takes 35-40 minutes.
- Get out the roasted chicken breast from your oven, next set it aside for cool so you can handle it.
- When the meat becomes cool, take out the meat from the skin and bones.
- Dice the cooked chicken breast into medium size pieces.
Step:2 (Curry Sauce)
- Take another large bowl and add other ingredients like mayonnaise, vinegar, chutney, curry powder, and salt. Now blend all ingredients in your food processor. Make a smooth paste for the next step.
- Now take the roasted chicken that you have already prepared with this curry sauce.
Step:3 (Curry Chicken Salad)
- Now add celery, scallion, and raisin. Then mix altogether very well.
- Add the roasted cashews and then serve it at room temp.
- If you don’t want to serve it now, store it in the refrigerator. Continue below to learn how to store the curry chicken salad properly.
How to Store Ina Garten Curry Chicken Salad?
Though it is good to serve the salad instantly, you can collect this salad for a few hours or even a few days.
- If you want to store it in the refrigerator, you can keep it for 4 to 5 days. For this, use airtight containers and covering the dish with plastic wrapping. Remember, don’t stock the salad uncovered; that will spoil it quickly.
- When you should store this salad for a long time, that means for 2 or 3 months, and you have to keep it in the freezer. But in this case, you need to store the roasted chicken and curry separately.
- If you store them individually, you can collect them for more than 6-months. Place them into an airtight container or zipper bag when you need to get out the bags and mix them to make the salad. And also, keep in mind that get out the bags at least 10-minutes before preparing.
What Are The Side Dishes Of Ina Curry Chicken Salad?
Do you need to serve this salad alone? No, you can enjoy it with many side dishes like rice and toasted bread or pasta. The best way to serve this salad is with the sandwich topping cheese. Additionally, there are so many options to serve this curry chicken salad, for example:
- Fruits platter
- Green leaves
- Dill pickles
- Pumpkin pie
- Baked shrimp
- Macaroni salad
- Potato’s soup
- Butternut soup
Nutritional Facts: Ina Curry Chicken Salad
Serving: 1 cup/226gram
Bonus Tips: Ina Garten Curry Chicken Salad
Some tips and tricks you should follow for making this salad perfect in taste.
- Tempering the curry powder: Tempering spices is a fantastic cooking technique to increase the curry flavour. So, before adding all other ingredients, it needs to cook the curry powder in olive oil that enhances the flavour and taste of the salad.
- Check the spicy level: Curry powder can vary, and their intensity level also can be different. So, adding the curry powder, you should check its popularity so that the curry perfectly balances your whole recipe.
- Use Roasted Cashew: Never think of adding raw cashews. In this salad, roasted cashew enhances the flavour and makes it crunchy, which is its specialty. But over-roasted can make the salad worst. So, roast the cashews in a dry pan with medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add alternative instead of raisins: If you don’t like the raisins, you can skip them. But it makes the salad different. This Ina Garten Salad is particularly sweet, which makes this raisin. So, if you want to avoid it, you can add dried cranberries or cherries to get a sweet flavour though they can’t give the perfect taste.
Finally, do you love Ina Garten curry chicken salad? I hope you can appreciate this salad in your kitchen and would like to share it with your family and friends soon.
Have enjoy your dinner, adding this salad!