Have you stuck thinking about what the most mouth-watering recipes with egg roll wrappers are? This is the post where you can get the most tempting bites idea of egg roll wraps with versatile and delicious ingredients.
Egg roll wrappers are a super wandering. Why? You can fill up the wrappers with any food or dessert, then fry, bake, or boil what you prefer.
It is a simple but amazing meal that is up to your choice for eating. You can add it as a fun snack or finger food. It will be great when you think of making as your main dish or dessert when your time is very short.
Go ahead and scroll below to know more about egg roll wrappers and some delicious recipes. Hope you want to take advantage of the chance to devour your family, guests, or friends by making surprising new dishes.
Let’s get started with some important information!
Are Egg Roll Wrappers similar to Wonton Wrappers?
Both wrappers are prepared from dough made from all-purpose flour, lukewarm water, salt, and eggs. But they are different in size and are also used in different processes.
Egg roll wrappers are large than wonton wrappers. You can roll them very simply, and this wrapper is useful for making different shapes and designs. It is ideal to use for sweet and savory fillings.
On the other hand, wonton wrappers are small in size than the egg roll. They are allowed to flow into a tringle purse. They are only used for wontons, dumplings, or some mini desserts.
Where To Buy Egg Roll Wrappers?
Getting the best wrappers will be the first step when you are ready to make delicious recipes with egg roll wrappers. The simplest way to make the egg rolls is using pre-prepared wrappers. Where to buy the egg roll wrappers?
Egg roll wrappers are normally found in the refrigerator section of any grocery store. Most supermarkets have multiple areas and there you should check their store or ask their helpers.
You also can search the internet to find the stores near you that sell egg roll wrappers. Depending on your resident area, you can search in some retailers where egg roll wrappers can be available.
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joes
What Are The Best Egg Roll Wrappers?
For making a delightful egg roll wrapper recipe, getting the best and most authentic wrappers is the most important fact. Depending on it your recipe will be perfect. Otherwise, all effort can be useless within a second. How to choose the best egg roll wrappers for the perfect recipes?
- Select the frozen egg roll wrappers: It is the right type of wrapper that will remain thin and crispy after frying. It will stay an ideal wrapper for the right texture.
- Choose the best brand name: In the local Asian supermarkets, you will get 8 ̎ X 8 ̎ in size. And here, you can find various brand names, and we suggest buying Spring Home, Little Chef, and Wei-Chuan.
- Avoid thick wrappers: There is some store that carries their egg roll wrappers in their refrigerator, and some of them are thick and starchy. You shouldn’t purchase those types of wrappers because they will be bubbly and unattractive after frying.
What Are The Recipes With Egg Roll Wrappers?
Let’s start our main sections!
Here we show you 3-mouth-watering recipes with egg rolls wrappers.
1. Apple Pie Egg Roll (Air Fryer)
This is the best supper that is the simplest and healthier version among the popular recipes that were deep fried in.
Preparation Time: 5-minute
Cooking Time: 6-minute
Total Time: 11-minute
Serving: 4 egg rolls
- Butter: 4 tablespoon
- Apples: 2-medium
- Apple Pie Spice: 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar: 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- Flour: 1 tablespoon
- Salt as you need
- Ground cinnamon
- Egg roll wrappers: 4
- Peel & dice the apples very well
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat, then add apples, salt, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and apple pie. Stir them until they soften
- Stir in the flour for one minute and cook until the mixture becomes thicker
- Now place the egg roll wrappers so that one corner points straight up and the other corners down like a kite.
- Scoop the filling onto the middle of the wrapper and fold the bottom corner up on the filling and fold under. Doubling on another side will be like an open envelope. Dip your finger into the water and run it on the final open corner. Then, add it to the top corner and press it smoothly.
- Place the egg rolls in the air fryer at 400˚ for 8-minutes
- Remove them from the heat and then place them on a single paper towel to dry
- Serve them in warm
2. Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll (Air Fryer)
This air fryer egg roll fills with buffalo chicken and is ideal for game day. They are appetizers, light and creamy on the inside but crunchy on the outside. Amazing! This American cuisine is low in lactose and perfect for dinner or snacks.
Preparation Time: 20-minute
Cooking Time: 15-minute
Total Time: 35-minute
Serving: 12 egg rolls
- Buffalo chicken: 1.5 pounds (shredded)
- Plain cream cheese: 0.5 cup
- Green onions: 2 medium (chopped)
- Salt and ground pepper
- Egg roll wrappers: 12 (deforested)
- Egg: 1 (spray)
- Avocado/ olive oil spray
- Mix all ingredients like chicken, cheese, and onions in a bowl. Then adjust with seasonings.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400˚ F. Whisk another egg in a small bowl.
- Place the wrappers on a cutting board and set 1 or 2 teaspoons of chicken filler at the low portion of the wrappers.
- Roll the top corner and fold the open sides. Then continue rolling.
- Brush the egg along the edge and roll it all the way. Finally, seal the rest corner completely.
- Spray the olive oil surface of the rolls and the inside of the air fryer. Keep the baking sheet with rolls for or 10-minutes in the air fryer until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy the warm rolls with your favorite ranch dip!
3. Cherry Pie for Weight Watchers
For weight watchers, the cherry pie can be a wonderful egg roll recipe that is not difficult to make. This recipe with cherry pie filling in wraps is a flaky crust that your whole family will love and want to enjoy every day.
Preparation Time: 10-minute
Cooking Time: 10-minute
Cooling Time: 10-minute
Total Time: 30-minute
Serving: 4 egg rolls
- Dark cherry: 1-pound unsweetened
- Sugar: 1.5 tablespoon
- Cornstarch: 2 ½ teaspoons
- Egg roll wrappers: 4
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Use a medium bowl and mix cherries and sugar with cornstarch. Ensure the using bowl is microwave safe.
- Put the bowl inside the microwave for 3-minutes until bubbling. It has to make thick enough.
- Now get out the bowl and keep it in the freezer for 8-10 minutes to cool
- And place the egg roll wrapper on a flat surface and arrange the wrapper in a diamond shape. Wet all the corners with water.
- Put 2 tablespoons of filling in a line across the center of the wrapper
- Start folding the roll shapes, cover the filling, and seal the roll properly. In this process, prepare each egg roll.
- Arrange the rolls on a baking sheet and spray them with oil.
- Put the sheet into your air fryer to 400˚ F. for 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Serve the warm rolls in front of your family.
Nutritional Facts of Egg Roll Wrappers
The egg roll wrappers are delicious and super nutritional, which is also great for good health.
Fried egg roll wrappers are low in calories and fat, which can be an ideal part of a low calories diet plan.
- Calories: a regular 25-gram egg roll wrapper contains 70 calories & 3.5% DV.
- Fat: A 25-gram egg roll wrapper has 0.4 fat without saturated fat. According to the USDA (United State Department of Agriculture), you must consume 20% to 35% of total daily calories from fat.
- Carbohydrates: Most calories in egg roll wrappers come from the carb. A 25-gram egg roll wrapper offers 14 grams of carbs without sugar or fiber. According to the Food and Nutrition Board, every age should consume 130 grams of carbs daily to boost enough energy.
- Protein: A 25 grams single egg roll wrapper only contains 2 grams of protein. It can be increased when you fill it with meat or seafood. To grow your body’s tissues, consume 50-65 grams of protein daily.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Each 25-gram egg roll wrappers supply 6% of iron without more vitamins and minerals. According to the Linus Pauling Institute, this iron is enough to support metabolism and oxygen transport in our body.
Tips to Use Egg Roll Wrappers
Here are the best tips for using egg roll wrappers!
Tips#1: Use The Right Wrappers
We have used large spring roll wrappers and egg roll wrappers. So, a 6 to 8-inch square wrapper is the safest and perfect size. The above recipes have used classic egg roll wrappers. Sometimes it may be hard to find out ideal wrappers. In this case, you shouldn’t use rice roll wrappers instead of fresh spring rolls.
Tips#2: Ensure the Oil Hot
Before placing the egg rolls filled with preferred stuff into the frying pan, ensure the oil is hot. Otherwise, the filling can spew out into the pan.
Tips#3: Seal the Egg Roll Completely
After filling your favorite items into the egg roll wrappers, seal the roll completely before frying. If the seal loses, the filling will get out during frying.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Time Egg Roll Wrappers Can Last in Refrigerate?
If the egg roll wrappers keep in a zip-lock food-grade bag, you can keep them for more than 60-days in your refrigerator. If you freeze it up, it will remain good for more than 6-months
2. Are Egg Roll Wrappers and Spring Roll Wrappers Similar?
Spring rolls wrappers are thin rice wrappers, and egg rolls are wrappers in a thicker crispy wrapper that has been dipped in egg.
3. How Long Can You Store Leftover Egg Roll Wrappers?
You can store the leftover egg roll wrappers in a zip-lock bag. If you can hold the moisture inside the bag using a paper towel, you can keep them for a few weeks.
4. Can You Use Egg Roll Wrappers Instead of Wonton Wrappers?
Wonton wrappers are the best only for making the best wonton. But you can’t allow wonton wrappers for the recipe with egg roll wrappers.
5. Can You Consume Egg Roll Wrappers Raw?
If the egg roll wrappers are already cooked, you can be eaten or wrapped with fresh ingredients. You can get them from China and Chinese Speaking countries.
Which Tempting Recipes With Egg Roll Wrappers Should You Try First?
Can’t you decide from which recipe you should start?
If you are thinking of starting with easy and simple but appealing recipes with egg roll wrappers, you must try our above recipes. You can make them with fresh ingredients stored in your kitchen. So why are you wasting your time still now? Get the best egg roll wrappers and fill stuff and fry them.
Enjoy your favorite Chinese cuisines in your home kitchen!