Do you love to add the max mozzarella pizza stick recipe to your favorite? It will be a surprising menu for your kids who like to enjoy their school launch. Why?
The pizza stick is filled with mozzarella cheese and then wrapped with tender dough. They include all pizza flavors without all work and come together within a few minutes.
It’s a pretty challenging dish and we got it for you. You can try our recipe fry, bake, and air-fry or freeze the sticks later. Let’s know how to make the max mozzarella pizza sticks.
Why do you try our mozzarella sticks:
- They are crispy golden sticks that follow breading technique
- Uses block mozzarella for the mouthwatering flavor, with cheese pulls
- Can be frozen for later
- Includes perfect directions for how to make max mozzarella pizza stick recipe by frying, air-frying, and baking.
What You Need
Just a few ingredients are needed for you to make this ancient and classic dish:
- Panko: This is the key ingredient with more consistency than other standard breadcrumbs for exterior crispiness. So for the perfect bite, this one is the best choice.
- Italian Seasoning: For giving the coating some more flavor, this is the best way to add. Italian seasoning is a mixture of herbs without salt and consists of seasonings like basil, marjoram, and oregano. If you don’t have this Italian seasoning, you can mix any flavorful spices that you have in your kitchen cabinet.
- Salt: For increasing the basic flavor in any fried food, salt is the most important component even for seasoning coating. It isn’t added to Italian seasoning or into the panko, so you have to add it separately.
- Flour is the first ingredient to help the liquid or eggs cling to the cheese. You can use all-purpose flour here without any specific brand.
- Eggs: In the dredging process, the second ingredient is adding whisked eggs. It works for a crispy coating sticking to the cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese: The main ingredient of this recipe is mozzarella cheese. Here you need to use the blocks of whole milk mozzarella, but you can also use string cheese.
- Vegetable Oil: We preferred vegetable oil to make this recipe, but you can use any cooking oil like canola or corn oil. If you plan to cook the sticks in the oven, you only need to spray the oil.
Those are the overview of the ingredients we used to make this dish. For the full recipe, scroll down!
How To Make Max Mozzarella Pizza Stick?
Ingredients (For Homemade Pizza Dough):
- All-purpose flour: 1 ½ cups
- Warm water: ½ cup
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Yeast: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoon
Ingredients (For sticks):
- String cheese: 8 (mozzarella)
- Pepperoni: 40-50 slices
- Parmesan cheese: 3 tablespoons (finely grated)
- Butter: ¼ cup (melted)
- Fresh, dried parsley: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Garlic clove: 1 minced
Direction for Pizza Dough:
- Add sugar, yeast, and salt with warm water in a medium bowl. Then stir them together to dissolve them.
- Now add flour and some warm water. Mix very well to make a good dough.
- Keep the dough aside to rest for 20 minutes. After resting, add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil to the dough, knead them very well until the oil is absorbed, and make a smooth dough.
- Then proof the dough in a warm water bath and cover it double so it can raise quickly. For this, you should leave it for ½ hour to 1 hour.
Direction for Pizza Sticks:
- Divide the dough into halves, and stretch out half dough on parchment paper. Roll into a thin sheet and repeat it for the other half
- Place the frozen mozzarella cheese sticks on the sheet of dough about one inch apart
- Then cover them with another sheet
- Press to seal around each stick
- Trim off the extra dough and poke the top and side of the dough using a fork to that allow the stick steam to escape
- Use a fork to poke and outline the edges of sticks. It’ll help seal the dough and make it bake evenly.
- Add butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese, and brush this mixture over the top of the sticks.
- Then bake it at 420˚ F for 20 minutes until golden brown on both sides
- If you would like to fry them, just cut them and separate them so that you can fry them singly
- Remove the sticks from the oven or oil and serve hot with a marinara sauce for dipping
Nutritional Facts of Per Pizza Stick
|Saturated fat||8 gram|
|Vitamin A||235 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
How To Make Homemade Tomato Sauce For Pizza Stick?
- Tomato paste: 2 tablespoon
- Onion powder: 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Sliced garlic: 4 cloves
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Take a frying pan, pour extra virgin olive oil, and add sliced garlic; cook until fragrant.
- Add ground black pepper & combine a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- After stirring sometimes pour the crushed tomatoes and squeeze tomato paste
- Then mix onion powder and salt, and sugar to taste. The exact amount of sugar mainly depends on your taste in sweetness.
- Stir and taste and finish the homemade making sauce. Then serve it with the max mozzarella pizza sticks.
Tips For Frying Mozzarella Sticks
- Use a thermometer for deep frying to test the heat temperature of the oil. You should fry the sticks on medium heat. Heat the frying oil until shimmers.
- Any particular oil temperature is risky. If the oil needs to be hotter, the pizza sticks absorb much oil. But too much hot oil will burn the stick before melting the cheese. So, use a thermometer. Just hook it in one side of the pan, and works great.
- For deep fry, the 375˚ F is right. But you can try between 350˚ F to 375˚ F for the desired result.
- Fry only some sticks at a time and use the three-quarter pan to fry them. Fry the sticks in 25-ounce vegetable oil to fully submerge the pizza sticks.
- After frying the sticks, transfer the sticks to a plate and line them with a paper towel so that the towel can absorb the excess oil.
1. Can You Store The Pizza Sticks In Freezer To Bake Later?
Yes, You can. Some very busy people want to spend aso many time for cooking. For this reason, if you want, you can prepare it and store it in freeze for later when you want to serve.
Freeze the pizza sticks until frozen, and then transfer them into an airtight freezer bag. When you are ready to serve some sticks. Please take out the bag from the freezer and place it on a baking sheet. Then leave them for 10-15 minutes, and bake them.
2. Can You Fry The Sticks In An Air Fryer?
We think you can cook the mozzarella pizza sticks in your air fryer even after you can fry them after storing them in the refrigerator.
3. What Is Healthy Oil For Deep Frying?
We prefer vegetable oil for deep frying. You can try peanut oil or canola oil. But olive oil won’t be perfect because it doesn’t make a high smoke.
4. Can You Refuse Deep-Frying Oil?
Though the answer is yes, it has pretty hassle, and there are some points to consider before refusing oil for deep frying.
Read another recipe related article : Yummy Noodle World Spicy Spaghetti Recipe